In this 4-week online course, March 29th – April 25th, 2015, you will be learning the Cornerstones of Dreamwork. Using an intimate blend of art, theory and practice, dreamers learn to understand the structure and language of dreams & develop the tools necessary to begin bridging their wisdom back to waking life. This series is excellent for beginner and intermediate dreamers.
The weekly online classes will cover the following topics:
Week 1: Dream Architecture
Dreamwork is an art as well as a science. In this class we learn to approach dreams in the same way we would a work of literature, film or painting; appreciating its mechanics as well as its poetry. We will learn how to recognize the dramatic structure of a dream, isolate its key elements and bridge their symbolism back to waking life.
Week 2: Light in the Dark
Learning to actively dream involves finding balance between the light and dark sides of our nature. In this class we will pay special attention to the Shadow and nightmares, learning how to read the warning signs of imbalanced attitudes. We will explore the redeeming medicine of dark dreams and the importance of finding the light contained within them.
Week 3: Inner Marriage
Each of us contains both masculine and feminine qualities within. It is only our gender conditioning that engrains a bias towards one or the other. What results, is an impoverishment of our opposite-gender qualities. In this class, we will learn how to integrate both through dreamwork, so that we can recover our wholeness as individuals, correspondingly healing our larger community.
Week 4: Dream Yourself Awake
Dreaming is a kind of archaeological process where we enter the landscape of the soul to unearth the forgotten or undiscovered parts of our selves. As we begin to do away with unconscious, habitual behaviour, we awaken to a new way of being in the world. We begin to walk the dream – turning inspiration into action. In this class we will learn techniques for engaging our co-creative abilities in both dreaming and waking realities.
How it works:
- Once you’ve registered the next email you’ll get will be on the Friday before our start date, containing an invitation to join an exclusive Facebook Group with your fellow Dreamwalkers, where all of our discussions will take place.
- You will then receive your weekly video lessons on Sunday of every week, along with your weekly study guides.
- We meet for our Weekly Live Call via Instant Teleseminar on Saturdays at 10 am (PST). You can access these gatherings via telephone, Skype or by web (listen-only). Though I do recommend showing up in real time, the recording will be available to all members if you have to miss the class.
- We will be working on actual dreams as a group in every Live Class, so you can learn intimately about the Dreamworking process.
- Our private Facebook Group can be used throughout the week to share dreams with your fellow Dreamwalkers, start discussions, offer insights, and ask questions.
“The work that Toko-pa is doing is potent and powerful. Through the Dreamwalking class I came to appreciate my own dreams better, especially those “simple” snippets of images that I might have dismissed before as being unimportant. Through her words and teachings, I now also realize dreaming is a way to enter into connection and community with one another. It’s an expansive, heart guided way to engage with the world and all her beings. My dreams have always been a source of interest, power, and inspiration, but working with Toko-pa has made me appreciate my dreams more deeply. To understand them as guideposts showing me the way when the path is unclear and as a tender, loving source of comfort when I’m in distress. Thanks, Toko-pa! Your loving, strong, guiding voice is so necessary right now. I’m excited to be engaged with this changing force in my own small way.” – Sidra Quinn
Click here to read more Testimonials from Graduate Dreamwalkers
Earlybird tuition (Before Feb 20th) for this 4-week course is $180.
After February 20th, tuition is $220.
Final registration deadline is Friday March 20th (please know that this course always fills up quickly, so I’d recommend registering long before this deadline).
You will be given an option at registration to contribute to the Scholarship Fund to help those in need.
Some scholarships are available and will be considered on interest, merit & need. If you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please send a mind & heartful letter to me here.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.